Employee Benefit Administration
This department provides administration of all benefits and rights provided to active and retired employees including:
- Accrued Time Off
- Administration of County Salary Schedule
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Flexible Spending Account Program
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurances
- Orientation of New Employees
- Retiree Insurance Payments
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
Departmental & Policy Administration
This section's responsibilities include development, interpretation, and advisement regarding policies and procedures, employee database, office budget, and performance, drug and alcohol testing, exit interviews, department contracts, and general office duties.
This section also handles negotiations, union contract interpretation, investigation (discrimination / improper practice), employee discipline, and counselling, grievances, and arbitration.